- £453 per week
- £65 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- No Pets
- Private Parking
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 bathroom
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Beach 6 miles
- Pub 1 mile
- Shop 1 mile
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
With a warm Welsh welcome, this lovely, self catering Snowdonia farm cottage is ideally located for all that North Wales has to offer. From the splendour of nearby Snowdon down to the gorgeous beaches, with an array of sightseeing, activities and plenty of good restaurants to tempt you, you will be spoilt for choice for things to do and see. Returning to relaxing evenings at the cottage in front of the woodburner or out on the peaceful, private patio.
Open plan kitchen/diner/lounge area offers spacious living where you can enjoy a 5 star home from home experience. The spacious kitchen area includes an oven and microwave, fridge and small freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
The sizeable lounge area has comfortable sofas in front of a welcoming woodburning stove, freeview TV and DVD payer. Patio doors from the living area lead out to a large enclosed garden.
Master bedroom with king size bed, oak furniture and garden views
Bedroom 2 - cosy twin beds with oak furniture and garden views
Large bathroom with a freestanding bath and walk in shower, WC, basin and heated towel rail.
This self catering Snowdonia cottage has a spacious, enclosed garden in a beautiful, tranquil setting. Private patio area and garden furniture.
- Welcome pack on arrival
- Heating and electricity included. Initial supply of logs also provided for the woodburner.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels.
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Wifi available
- Cot and highchair available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- No pets or smoking indoors
- Plenty of parking space
- Other items provided include:
- Kitchen - salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid / dishwasher tabs, new dishcloths and scourers, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom - 2 toilet rolls
- General cleaning products - anti bacterial spray etc
Superbly located and equipped - perfect for our holiday.
Great property, great location for Snowdon. Would recommend
A wonderful property. Everything you want in a holiday cottage.
It is the best holiday let we have stayed in. It was very roomy and immaculate with all equipment we would need and a very friendly host. A wonderful stay.
We had an absolutely fantastic time in Wales and Hen Stabl Llanrug was the perfect cottagefor our family. There was plenty of space for the family. The facilities were fantastic and there was plenty of space for the kids. The owners also (very kindly) left Easter eggs for our children which went down as well as you can imagine!
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. What a beautiful cottage. Incredibly clean and well put together property couldn’t compliment it enough and very greatful for the stay there would love to return over and over again.
Hen Stabl Llanrug is situated up a country lane on a farm in the heart of Snowdonia, North Wales. Central to the historic town of Caernarfon (3 miles) and the village of Llanberis (4.5 miles) at the foot of Snowdon, the highest mountain in Wales. Set in a truly peaceful, relaxing location, this self catering Snowdonia retreat offers a highly convenient base to explore the area and everything it has to offer.
Just 1 mile to the nearest village of Llanrug with a good village pub (Glyntwrog Inn), shops and excellent butcher. A wide range of amenities can also be found 3 miles away in the castle town of Caernarfon, including supermarkets, restaurants and cafes. Amongst the recommended places to eat locally are Black Boy Inn and Caffi'r Maes in Caernarfon, as well as Fron Goch Garden Centre on the outskirts of town. However, you will be spoilt for choice with a long list of other highly recommended restaurants such as Y Felin (2 miles), Wal in Caernarfon, Gardd Fôn in Felinheli and Dylan's in Menai Bridge (6 miles).
The area is full of visitor attractions, castles and museums, along with spectacular mountains, valleys and beaches to explore. The town of Caernarfon enjoys a superb setting, with the mountains of Snowdonia as a backdrop and wonderful views across the Menai Strait to Anglesey. Dominated by its majestic castle and ancient mediaeval walls, Caernarfon today is a busy market town with one of the highest percentages of Welsh speakers throughout Wales.
Take a tour around Inigo Jones Slate Works, travel to the highest peak in Wales on the Snowdon Mountain Railway and take advantage of the endless opportunities for walking, cycling, hiking, trekking and mountain walking in Eryri (Snowdonia). The Welsh Highland Railway, Electric Mountain in Llanberis, a round of golf on the shore of the Menai Straits and a visit to the beautiful Italianate village of Portmeirion are also guaranteed to inspire. Not forgetting the longest zip wire in Europe at Zip World in Bethesda, just 11 miles away.
For younger visitors, Hwylfan Fun Centre, North Wales' largest indoor fun centre in Caernarfon is an ideal place for kids to let off steam, and nearby Greenwood Forest Park is a nature-inspired theme park with a people-powered rollercoaster. Over the bridge in Anglesey (just 10 minutes from your self catering Snowdonia cottage) you have even more attractions including Pili Palas and Anglesey Sea Zoo.
- A lovely walk starts from your doorstep
- Snowdon – the highest mountain in Wales – Llanberis route (4.7 miles - 3 hours) is the nearest. 4.5 miles from cottage.
- Llyn Coastal Path – 84 miles around the Llyn Peninsula, from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. Join the path 3 miles from the cottage.
- Moel Siabod (Snowdonia mountain walk) – Capel Curig. Rewarding route for experienced walkers. 15 miles from cottage.
- Carneddau (Snowdonia mountain walks) – Challenging walks, including the 2nd and 3rd highest peaks in Wales. Nearest route starts in Helyg, Capel Curig. 17 miles
- Lon Eifion Cycleway – Scenic 12.5 mile cycle path from Caernarfon to Bryncir. Join 3 miles from cottage.
- Dinas Dinlle offers a long sandy beach, the most northern of the Llyn Peninsula beaches. 6 miles
- Plas Menai – National Watersports Centre offering day courses on a wide range of activities, on all levels. 3 miles
- Tyddyn Mawr Golf Club, Llanrug - 18 hole golf course. 1 mile
- Caernarfon Golf Course – 18 hole golf course. 4 miles.
- Snowdonia Riding Stables – Suitable for all ages and abilities. 3.5 miles